Not Your Ordinary Salad
I was never a big salad fan until I came up with this; it has enough
tastes mixed in there that it's very flavorful and not boring.
- half a bowl of green leaf lettuce
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper
- 1 inch chunk of fresh ginger, minced
- 1/3 cup baked blue corn tortilla chips, lightly crumbled
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanut halves or slivered almonds
Cut big things into bite-size pieces.
Mix it all together in a big bowl.
No salad dressing necessary.
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded or cut into thin sticks
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, cold
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
Adding the rice makes this salad a meal in itself.